Monday, October 1, 2007

Week 9 - #23




Whoo hoo this is it... Hmmmmm to summarize the program. I am a moderator on an ADHD/LD website. I thought I learned a lot about technology from my work on the site. Coming up with avatars and graphics from my favorite sites (the graphics playground and glitter graphics). Learning how to share photos through sites such as shutterfly & photobucket. Navigating my way through our chat rooms. Linking up with different sister sites. And researching the web for information for the site. Through the work on the site, several of us were singled out by a major Pharmacautical company to assist in promoting new products from a parental point of view. Our ideas were taken serious by this large corporation and we have seen some of our work on TV and in written format already. The internet is truly a powerful tool. With all the new skills that I have been exposed to during this project, I have new avenues to bring to my site work, to continue to help parents and adults that are in need of support, educational resources and all information to make the best choices for their children or themselves. Below I have posted a document that is one of the first things we show people on our site.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Bill of Rights for Children with ADD

HELP ME TO FOCUS...
Please teach me through my sense of touch. I need "hands-on" and body
movement.

I NEED TO KNOW WHAT COMES NEXT...
Please give me a structured environment where there is a dependable routine.
Give me an advance warning if there will be changes.

WAIT FOR ME, I'M STILL THINKING...
Please allow me to go at my own pace. If I'm rushed, I get confused and upset.

I'M STUCK, I CAN'T DO IT...!
Please offer me options for problem solving. If the road is blocked, I need to
know the detours.

IS IT RIGHT? I NEED TO KNOW NOW...
Please give me rich and immediate feedback on how I'm doing.

I DIDN'T KNOW I WASN'T IN MY SEAT...!
Please remind me to stop, think, and act.

AM I ALMOST DONE...?
Please give me short work periods with short-term goals.

WHAT...?
Please don't say "I already told you that." Tell me again, in different words.
Give me a signal. Draw me a symbol.

I KNOW IT'S ALL WRONG, ISN'T IT...?
Please give me praise for partial success. Reward me for self-improvement, not
just for perfection.

BUT WHY DO I ALWAYS GET YELLED AT...?
Please catch me doing something right and praise me for the specific positive
behavior. Remind me--and yourself--about my good points when I'm having a bad
day.

No comments: